To embed a YouTube video in Moodle
You can embed a YouTube video in any text entry box with a formatting tool bar in Moodle, such as within the Topic summary, or in the main body of a composed web page.
Note: You can embed a YouTube video directly into the front page of your course using the label resource, however it is not a good idea to add too many YouTube videos into the main course page in this way, as they take up a significant amount of space and increase the time it takes to download the main page.
- In a topic, click the Add a resource drop-down list and select Compose a web page.
- In the Name field, write the name of the page such as the title of the YouTube video.
- Go to YouTube and find the video you want to embed.
- Click the Share button under the video to show the share options.
- Click the Embed button.
- Click in the Embed field to select the embed code.
- Copy this code (use the shortcut keys Ctrl + C, or go to the Edit menu and choose copy)
- Go back into Moodle.
- In the Page content field, click the HTML icon . The page source window will open.
- Paste the embed code you collected from Youtube. (Use CTRL-V)
- Click the Update button. You will return to the editor, and you should see the Youtube video in the editing screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save and return to course or Save and display.