Sometimes the browser you are using will not support Drag and Drop uploading. You can still add resources you have created, such as unit descriptions, powerpoint presentations and flash files to your course using Moodle's original upload tool.
To add a file (Moodle 2.3)
- Within the section you want to add the file, click the Add an activity or resource.
- The Add an activity or resource selector box appears. Scroll down to the Resources area and choose File.
- Click Add.
- The Adding a new File window appears. Enter the name of the file you are uploading (Note: this doesn’t have to be the actual file name).
- You can also add a summary description of the file in the Description field. If you want this description to dispay on the couse page, check the Display description on course page checkbox.
- Under Content heading click Add.
- The file picker window appears. Click Upload a file.
- Then click Browse to find the file.
- When the file path has been added, click Upload this file.
- The rest of the settings can generally be left as the defaults.
Note: There may be some issues with pop-up blockers depending on different browser types. If you are worried about these issues and have specific documents, such as templates, that you want to force students to download, you can choose the Force download option in the Display option drop down box.
- Once you have finished editing these settings, click Save and return to course, or Save and display to see how this file will appear to your students.
To increase compatibility with mobile devices, you might wish to edit the properties of uploaded documents (Word, Powerpoint and PDF) to force download.
1. Click the update icon for a resource
2. Select Force download from the options box.
3. Click Save and return to course.